Dell World 2014
ROUND ROCK, Texas--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Dell’s momentum in its client solutions (PC) business continued during the third calendar quarter of 2014 as it registered its seventh consecutive quarter of year-over-year gains in global share and grew more in the third quarter than its top two U.S. competitors combined, based on preliminary data recently released by industry analyst firm International Data Corporation (IDC) 1.
“And we have no intention of slowing down. You can expect us to maintain our strategy of investing in the PC business, with more additions to our portfolio to be announced next week at Dell World.”
Dell U.S. shipments grew 19.7 percent during the third calendar quarter of 2014, according to IDC, compared to industry growth of 4.3 percent2. Excluding Dell from total data, the rest of the industry grew just 0.2 percent. Dell’s calendar third quarter shipments resulted in a 3.1 percent year-over-year share gain and 24 percent share in the U.S.
“Our strong notebook performance in the U.S. and accompanying overall worldwide growth reflects the continued momentum we are seeing in the business and shows we’re providing the most secure, manageable and reliable products and solutions that our customers value,” said Jeff Clarke, Dell’s vice chairman, Operations, and president, Client Solutions. “And we have no intention of slowing down. You can expect us to maintain our strategy of investing in the PC business, with more additions to our portfolio to be announced next week at Dell World.”
This year, Dell has significantly expanded its portfolio of thin clients, notebooks, desktops, workstations and monitors for commercial and consumer customers, backed by the company’s award-winning ProSupport service and support. In the latest calendar quarter, the company brought to market a number of new products and industry firsts that are fueling continued leadership and momentum in areas that matter most to customers:
· As the leading provider of workstations in North America and the United Kingdom, Dell met customers’ insatiable need for more performance and productivity by being the first to introduce and ship higher performance workstations based on the latest processor and graphics technologies. Dell customers were able to take advantage of greater performance and scalability months ahead of companies relying on competitors for their technology.
· Extending our lead as the number one choice for thin clients worldwide, the new Wyse solutions announced in August were recognized among Network World’s “Hot Products at VMworld 2014.”
· Delivering the world’s most secure, manageable and reliable commercial PCs, Dell met the demand for flexible 2-in-1 products in the work environment with the innovative Latitude 13 7000 Series 2-in-1.
· Continuing our leadership as the number one choice for flat panel displays, the Dell UltraSharp 27 became the first monitor in the world to offer a resolution beyond Ultra HD. It has a stunningly crisp “5K” display with nearly 15 million pixels (5120 x 2880) and is designed to meet the needs of the most demanding professional environments.
· Pushing the cutting edge of technology, Michael Dell unveiled the world’s thinnest tablet (6mm) with the world’s best display (2560x1600 OLED) at the Intel Developer Forum in September.
On a worldwide basis in the third quarter, Dell grew its PC shipments by nearly 10 percent year over year, according to IDC3, while shipping almost 10.5 million PC units. “Our superior end-to-end product portfolio is the strongest and most comprehensive we’ve ever offered. When combined with our efficient direct business model and expanding channel relationships, we continue to fuel the exceptional growth in our global PC business and leading share gains in the U.S.,” said Mr. Clarke.
Join us Nov. 4-6 at Dell World 2014, Dell’s premier customer event exploring how technology solutions and services provide organizations a better way to accelerate businesses’ ability to innovate. Learn more at www.dellworld.com and follow #DellWorld on Twitter.
Dell Inc. listens to customers and delivers innovative technology and services that give them the power to do more. For more information, visit www.dell.com.
(1) IDC Worldwide Quarterly PC Tracker, October 8, 2014
(2) IDC Worldwide Quarterly PC Tracker, October 8, 2014
(3) IDC Worldwide Quarterly PC Tracker, October 8, 2014
Dell is a trademark of Dell Inc. Dell disclaims any proprietary interest in the marks and names of others.